The students qualified at the Region 4 meet held in Galveston and will compete at the state competition April 6-8 in Dallas.
FCCLA contests include culinary competitions, STAR events, and family and consumer science assessments.
The College Station High School culinary team of Sarah Do, Mika Loehr, and Stassney Krueger all intro to culinary students won 4th place and will advance to state. They prepared pan fried chicken with gravy, sautéed asparagus, pan roasted potatoes, banana pudding and buttermilk ranch dressing.
Macy Davidson (CSHS) placed fifth with her Paris-themed, cherry-filled chocolate cupcake and Bianca Garcia (CSHS) placed sixth with her chocolate s'more, praline cupcake to advance to state in the cupcake competition.
STAR Events (Students Taking Action with Recognition) are competitive events in which members are recognized for proficiency and achievement in chapter and individual projects, leadership skills, and career preparation.
The following CSISD students advanced to the state competition in the STAR events:
- Kaytlyn Batson, CSHS - 2nd in Fashion Design
- Kayla Framstead, CSHS - 1st in Teach & Train
- Grace Lindahl, CSHS - 5th in Fashion Design
- Catya Martinez-Gloria, AMCHS - 1st in Fashion Design
Family and Consumer Science Assessments
Family and consumer science assessments challenge a student’s knowledge of all aspects of family and consumer sciences: family career and community studies; early childhood and human development; food sciences, dietetics and nutrition; hospitality, tourism and recreation; fashion and housing design; and FCCLA knowledge.
The following CSISD students earned gold, silver, or bronze on their respective exam:
* advanced to state
- * Mica Alverado, CSHS: Gold - Job Interview
- * Vanessa Baker, CSHS: Gold - Fashion Design
- Flame Dong, CSHS: Silver - Job Interview
- Ally Dillard, CSHS: Bronze - Interior Design
- Breana Goodman, CSHS: Bronze - Child Development
- * Scout Hartlage, CSHS: Gold - Etiquette
- * Regan Hedrick, CSHS: Gold - Education & Training
- Mya Jackson, AMCHS: Silver - Etiquette
- * Sarah Johnson, CSHS: Gold - Consumer Math
- * Katerina Kountakis, AMCHS: Gold - Etiquette
- Kaitlin McMillian, AMCHS: Bronze - Education
- Hannah Murrell, AMCHS: Bronze - Interior Design
- Megan Nelson, CSHS: Silver - Education & Training
- * Sophia North, CSHS: Gold - Education & Training
- Lauren Peters, AMCHS: Silver - Education
- Hannah Pierdolla, CSHS: Silver - Consumer Math
- Lillian Richter, CSHS: Bronze - Interior Design
- * Ava Tamborella, CSHS: Gold - Fashion Design
- * Hannah Turner , AMCHS: Gold - Interior Design