Note: This is an overview of some of the items on the May board workshop and meeting agendas. This recap does not include every item on the agendas. Official meeting minutes will be made available on www.csisd.org following approval at the June board meeting. A video and audio recording of the workshop and meeting will be made available within seven days of the meeting at csisd.org.
2017-18 Budget Discussion: Deputy Superintendent for Business and Operations Mike Martindale made a presentation regarding the development of the 2017-18 budget.
The board reviewed staffing and budgeting priorities for 2017-18 and were presented with a second draft of revenue and expenditure numbers. These initial numbers in March reflected an overall deficit budget of $5,413,101, but the numbers reported this evening showed a deficit of $3,616,722.
CSISD will continue to review staffing and budget requests, monitor and adjust revenue projections according to results of the legislative session and update expenditure projections over the next two months. The 2017-18 budget and tax rate will be adopted at the August board meeting.
Any adopted budget deficit would be made up by utilizing funds from the district’s fund balance, which currently has a balance of more than $32 million.
Discussion Regarding Board Policy FC (Local): The board had a fourth discussion regarding a potential policy regarding rezoning.
The board discussed four options on how to structure future rezonings as well as what thresholds would trigger considering future rezonings. The data points include the disparity of percentage of low-SES among campuses as well as the percentage of building usage across the district.
The board will continue to discuss the policy in upcoming workshops and meetings.
- Approved the purchase of storage area network from avinext for the amount of $295,454.80 from 2015 bond funds.
- Approved the RFP for athletic supplies, equipment and apparel to 53 vendors, effective June 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018. It is renewable for two additional years.
- Approved the competitive sealed proposal to DD Electronics for data cabling in Rock Prairie Elementary, Southwood Valley Elementary and South Knoll Elementary for the amount of $252,443.50 to be paid from 2015 bond funds.
- Approved the purchase of wireless access points for Pecan Trail Intermediate from Layer 3 Communications for the amount of $52,321.80 to be paid from 2015 bond funds.
- Approved the purchase of library books for Pecan Trail Intermediate from Bound to Stay Bound Books for the amount of $154,688.20 to be paid from 2015 bond funds.