Sept. 27 Boundary Adjustment Workshop
The Boundary Adjustment Committee (BAC) presented its final recommendations to the Board of Trustees during the regularly scheduled meeting on September 20, 2016. Following the presentation, trustees discussed the recommendations and requested additional information.
No action was taken at the September 27 meeting.
The information linked below was sent to all seven trustees prior to the board workshop on September 27, 2016.
BAC Work – Spring 2016: At the September 20, 2016, board meeting, the trustees asked to see the administrative recommendations and the options that were developed by the five boundary adjustment committee groups.
- Administrative and Groups 1-5 Scenarios for Grades 5-8 Attendance Zones
- Administrative and Groups 1-5 Scenarios for Grades 9-12 Attendance Zones
BAC Final Scenarios – September 2016: Also at the September 20, 2016, board meeting, the trustees asked to see the final options considered by the boundary adjustment committee at its September 14, 2016, meeting. The three options focused on where students from Nantucket would be zoned in grades 5-12.
Board Member Requests for Information: During the September 20, 2016, board meeting and in subsequent days, trustees made requests for the following information to be used in discussion at the September 27 workshop.
- School Capacities and Current Enrollments
- UIL Realignment and Conference Cutoff Numbers
- Extracurricular Expenses and Gate Receipts
- Scenario: Nantucket and Indian Lakes Going to OW/AMCMS/Consol
- Middle School Splits
- Bonding Options