Oct. 3 Boundary Adjustment Workshop
The Boundary Adjustment Committee (BAC) presented its final recommendations to the Board of Trustees during the regularly scheduled meeting on September 20, 2016. Following the presentation, trustees discussed the recommendations and requested additional information for the September 27 workshop. Information regarding the September 27 meeting can be found here: LINK - September 27 Workshop.
No action was taken at the September 27 meeting and a second boundary adjustment workshop was scheduled for October 3.
Board Member Requests for Information: During the September 27, 2016, boundary adjustment workshop and in subsequent days, trustees made requests for the following information to be used in discussion at the October 3 workshop.
- Scenario: Nantucket/Indian Lakes to OW/AMCMS/CSHS
- Scenario: West of Wellborn Road (including Saddle Creek) to OW/AMCMS/AMCHS
- Effect of grandfathering
- Martindale Presentation on extra-curricular staffing at the intermediate and middle schools
- Transportation Route Information
During the October 3 boundary adjustment workshop, the board unanimously voted to accept the boundary adjustment committee's grandfathering recommendation for grades 5-12.
Grandfathering (Grades 5-8)
- Students who are entering their last year at an intermediate or middle school when the new zones take effect may elect to grandfather for one year. These students could stay at their current school for the final year if they can provide their own transportation.
- Students entering their sophomore, junior or senior year when the new zones take effect in August 2017 may elect to grandfather. These students could stay at their current school through graduation if they can provide their own transportation. Those who are entering the ninth grade and are a younger sibling of sophomores, juniors and seniors who elect to grandfather in 2017-2018 are also eligible to grandfather and may elect to stay at the school until graduation if they can provide their own transportation. Any siblings younger than high school age in 2017-2018 are not eligible to grandfather.