- Minha Kim (Pebble Creek, Oakwood, AMCMS, AMCHS)
- Lisa Liu (Forest Ridge, Cypress Grove, CSMS, AMCHS, CSHS)
- Alexander Ober (AMCHS)
- Stephanie Palazzolo (Rock Prairie, College Hills, Oakwood, AMCMS, AMCHS)
- Sandesh Reddy (Cypress Grove, CSMS, CSHS)
- Maximilian Russo (AMCHS)
- Erika Salzman (South Knoll, Oakwood, AMCMS, AMCHS)
- Lauren Spohn (CSHS)
- Yusha Sun (Southwood Valley, Rock Prairie, Oakwood, AMCMS, AMCHS)
- Rohen Sukkawala (Forest Ridge, Cypress Grove, CSMS, CSHS)
- Steven Wang (Pebble Creek, Oakwood, AMCMS, AMCHS)
- Annie Zhang (Pebble Creek, Oakwood, AMCMS, AMCHS)
The 12 CSISD students are now in a pool of approximately 16,000 semifinalists nationwide and are competing for 7,400 National Merit Scholarships worth a total of approximately $32 million. About 90% of the semifinalists are expected to be named finalists and of those, around half will win a National Merit Scholarship and earn the prestigious National Merit Scholar title.
Approximately 1.4 million juniors in more than 22,000 U.S. high schools entered the 2016 scholarship program by taking the 2015 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT). The nationwide pool of semifinalists, which represents less than one percent of U.S. high school seniors, includes the highest scoring entrants in each state.
Scholarship winners for 2016 will be announced in a series of press releases beginning in April and concluding in May.
CSISD has had 156 semifinalists in the last 13 years.
CSISD National Merit Semifinalists by year: