Leading the charge were Merusha Mukherjee, Sujay Shankar, and Jason Tan, who won first place and best of fair in their respective category to qualify for the state competition and the International Science and Engineering Fair, which will be held in Phoenix in May.
Eugene Tian and Tarum Muthuchamy also qualified for the state contest by placing second in their respective category.
The following students won awards at the contest.
- Merusha Mukherjee, CSHS - 1st place in physics, winner of the Office of Naval Research Award and Best of Fair
- Sujay Shankar, AMCHS - 1st in materials science, winner of the Office of Naval Research Award and Best of Fair
- Yingxuan "Jason" Tan, CSHS - 1st place in chemistry, winner of the Office of Naval Research Award and Best of Fair
- Eugene Tian, CSHS - 2nd place in Earth and Environmental Science/Engineering
- Tarun Muthuchamy, CSHS - 2nd in Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Avha Mohanty, AMCHS - 4th in Physics
- Hongsen Qin, CSHS - 4th in Computer Science
- Steven Wang, AMCHS - 5th in Computer Science
- Raaghav Bagashwar, CSHS - winner of the Ty-Rex Digital Light Innovations and Ty-Rex Austin lab internship
These students are coached by Casey Akin from CSHS and Michelle Jedlicka from AMCHS.