The students qualified at the Region 4 meet held in Galveston and will compete at the state competition April 7-9 in Dallas.
FCCLA contests include culinary competitions, STAR events, and family and consumer science assessments.
The College Station High School culinary team of Mia Elizondo, Ariel Carter and Esella Aguilar won first place out of 63 competing teams. In addition to advancing to state, the trio each won a $3,500 scholarship to culinary school.
Entrepreneurship team consisting of TJ Smith and Alex McAvoy placed fourth and Katelyn Kocman earned sixth place in the cupcake competition. Each will also advance to state.
STAR Events (Students Taking Action with Recognition) are competitive events in which members are recognized for proficiency and achievement in chapter and individual projects, leadership skills, and career preparation.
The following CSISD students advanced to the state competition in the STAR events:
- Samana Askari, CSHS - 1st in Interior Design
- Katerina Kountakis, AMCHS - 6th in Recycle & Redesign
- Catya Martinez-Gloria, AMCHS - 3rd in Fashion Design
- Abby McIntyre, CSHS - 2nd in Fashion Construction
- Sydney Terzian, CSHS - 2nd Teach and Train
Family and Consumer Science Assessments
Family and consumer science assessments challenge a student’s knowledge of all aspects of family and consumer sciences: family career and community studies; early childhood and human development; food sciences, dietetics and nutrition; hospitality, tourism and recreation; fashion and housing design; and FCCLA knowledge.
The following CSISD students earned gold, silver, or bronze on their respective exam:
* advanced to state
- Kaytlyn Batson, CSHS: Silver-Fashion Design
- * Ruhee Charolia, AMCHS: Gold-Etiquette
- * Yanying Dong, CSHS: Gold-Culinary Arts
- * Grace Donovan, CSHS: Gold-Hospitality
- Sarah Dunham, AMCHS: Silver-Etiquette
- * Kayla Framsted, CSHS: Gold-Education and Training
- Sean Gallher, CSHS: Bronze-Culinary
- * Regan Hedrick, CSHS: Gold-Education and Training
- * Peyton James, AMCHS: Gold-Etiquette
- * Sarah Kassam, AMCHS: Gold-Etiquette
- * Arwa Lakhani, AMCHS: Gold-Etiquette
- Grace Lindahl, CSHS: Bronze-Child Development
- * Aarzoo Maknojia, AMCHS: Gold-Etiquette
- Arriana McNeese-Garcia, CSHS: Silver-Fashion Design
- Sophia North, CSHS: Bronze-Child Development
- * Kayla Nussbaum, AMCHS: Gold-Etiquette
- Katherine Osburn, CSHS: Bronze-Culinary
- Hannah Pieradolla, CSHS: Silver-Education and Training
- * Meghan Schulien, CSHS: Gold-Interior Design
- Stricklin, Brianna, AMCHS: Bronze-Child Development