This meet draws many of the top math and science competitors from across the state and students compete against others in their grade level and classification on four tests – number sense, calculator, mathematics, and science (biology, chemistry, and physics).
Places are awarded for the top 10 students in each grade level, and sweepstakes awards are based on the top four scores from each test. They also rank the students in each grade level (Top Gun Award) based on any places in the top 15 they accomplished.
There were a total of 28 schools in the 5A division, and each grade level had from 40-60 students competing.
CSHS finished third in the sweepstakes competition, while AMCHS finished seventh. On the individual tests, AMCHS placed fifth in science and eighth in mathematics, while CSHS was first in science, third in mathematics, fifth in Number Sense, and 10th in Calculator.
The following students placed in the top 10 in at least one area:
- BJ Kim (CSHS) – 11th grade – Number Sense, Math, Science, Chemistry, Top Gun
- Selena Li (AMCHS) – 9th grade – Math, Science, Top Gun
- Tony Li (CSHS) – 11th grade – Math, Science, Chemistry, Physics, Top Gun
- Srinidhi Narayanan (CSHS) – 9th grade – Math and Science
- Hongsen Qin (CSHS) – 11th grade – Math, Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Top Gun
- Shiva Saravanan (AMCHS) – 9th grade – Math, Top Gun
- Jason Tan (CSHS) – 11th grade – Science, Biology, Chemistry
- Eugene Tian (CSHS) – 11th grade – Number Sense, Math
- Ashika Verma (CSHS) – 10th grade – Science, Chemistry
- Ellen Wang (CSHS) – 11th grade – Science
- Rosetta Wang (CSHS) – 10th grade – Science, Chemistry
- Sarah Yao (CSHS) – 10th grade – Science
- Richard Yu (CSHS) – 10th grade – Number Sense, Math, Top Gun
- Jennifer Zhan (AMCHS) – 10th grade – Number Sense
- Brandon Zhao (AMCHS) – 10th grade – Math and Science
- Judy Zhou (CSHS) – 9thgrade – Math, Science, Top Gun
The students were accompanied by Science coaches Yvette Mora (AMCHS) and Casey Akin (CSHS).