FCCLA contests include culinary competitions, STAR (Students Taking Action with Recognition) events, and family and consumer science assessments.
The CSHS culinary team of Mia Elizondo, Ariel Carter and Esella Aguilar won third place in the state competition out of 30 competing teams.
Katelyn Kocman won first place in the Cupcake Battle with her chocolate cupcake with chocolate Swiss meringue topped with a caramel, pecan truffle.
In addition to Askari, AMCHS student Catya Martinez-Gloria placed fifth in the state fashion design contest.
STAR events are competitive events in which members are recognized for proficiency and achievement in chapter and individual projects, leadership skills, and career preparation.
Family and Consumer Science Assessments
Family and consumer science assessments challenge a student’s knowledge of all aspects of family and consumer sciences: family career and community studies; early childhood and human development; food sciences, dietetics and nutrition; hospitality, tourism and recreation; fashion and housing design; and FCCLA knowledge.
The following CSISD students earned gold, silver, or bronze on their respective exam at the state contest:
- Flame Dong, CSHS - Gold in Culinary Arts
- Grace Donovan, CSHS - Gold in Hospitality
- Kayla Framsted, CSHS - Silver in Education and Training
- Regan Hedrick, CSHS - Gold in Education and Training
- Sarah Kassam, AMCHS - Gold in Etiquette
- Arwa Lakhani , AMCHS - Gold in Etiquette
- Aarzoo Maknojia, AMCHS - Gold in Etiquette
- Kayla Nussbaum , AMCHS - Silver in Etiquette
- Isabella Sanger, CSHS - Gold in Culinary Arts
- Meghan Schulien, CSHS - Gold in Interior Design