Santosa’s oil painting, “Yue Can’t Even,” and Zerbe’s clay sculpture, “Amalgamation,” were among 151 pieces in Texas to earn the Gold Seal distinction.
The artwork will part of a special exhibition which will travel to Glassell Junior School in Houston, the Texas Education Association in Austin, and the Texas Art Education Association conference in Dallas. A select few will also be a part of a prestigious exhibit at the Center for Educator Development in Fine Arts conference (CEDFA) in Austin.
In all, CSISD had nine students with 10 pieces of art among the 2,048 qualifying entrants who advance to the state competition.
Of those who qualified for state, the following students earned medals:
- Olga Carillo, CSHS (division I)
- Aimee Deng, AMCHS (division I)
- Jackson Lacey, AMCHS (division II)
- Tatum Love, AMCHS (division II)
- Rita Santoso, AMCHS (division II) - two pieces earned medals
- Caroline Zerbe, AMCHS (division IV)