Note: This is an overview of some of the items on the May board workshop and meeting agendas. This recap does not include every item on the agendas. Official meeting minutes will be made available on www.csisd.org following approval at the June board meeting. A video and audio recording of the workshop and meeting will be made available within seven days of the meeting at csisd.org.
2016-17 Budget Discussion: The board received an administrative update regarding the development of the 2016-17 budget.
The board reviewed staffing and budgeting priorities for the 2016-17 and were presented with a second draft of the revenue and expenditure numbers. The numbers this month reflect an overall budget deficit projection of $2,023,334 for the 2016-17 fiscal year. The initial numbers presented in March reflected an overall deficit budget projection of $3,248,632.
CSISD will continue to review staffing and budget requests, while updating revenue projections over the next few months. The 2016-17 budget and tax rate will be adopted at the August board meeting.
Intermediate School No. 3 named Pecan Trail: The board approved the name of intermediate school no. 3 as Pecan Trail Intermediate. Pecan Trail Intermediate will open in August 2017.
- Approved the purchase of video display systems for College View High School from Avinext in the amount of $52,629 to be purchased from 2013 bond funds.
- Approved the purchase of auditorium stage lighting equipment and stage curtain for A&M Consolidated High School for the amount of $121,720 from Texas Scenic Company to be paid from the 2015-16 general fund.
- Approved the purchase of data cabling for Pebble Creek Elementary, Forest RIdge Elementary, and A&M Consolidated Middle School for the amount of $318,608 from Electra Link, Inc., to be paid from 2013 bond funds.
- Approved the purchase of vehicles for the facilities department and CATE program for the amount of $112,094.50 from Caldwell Country and Silsbee Ford to be paid from the 2015-16 general fund.
- Approved the purchase of 14 buses from Longhorn Bus Sales and five from Rush Bus Centers for the amount of $1,557,357 to be paid from 2015 bond funds.