In all, 20 CSISD high school students placed in the top eight nationally in 10 different events.
In addition to the contests, the AMCHS Information Technology Chapter was recognized at the opening ceremony for receiving the Gold-level Presidential Volunteer Service Award as well as the Models of Excellence Technical Chapter award. The chapter volunteered over 1,000 hours of service to receive a gold pin and a letter from President Obama for the service award. The Models of excellence award recognizes the chapter as one of the best in the nation in community impact, leadership, excellence and skills.
Complete results from the national competition are below.
Models of Excellence
- 1st Place Technical Chapter (AMCHS) – Ross Romero, Alexis Girouard
3D Animation Team
- 2nd Place (AMCHS) – Allison Shafer, Brandon Becker
Career Pathway Showcase in Information Technology
- 2nd Place (AMCHS) – Ellen Li, Josh Vessell, Carson Fink
- 3rd Place (CSHS) - Mark Cahill, Jeremy Halling, Anna Bardenhagen, Richard Yu, Luke Hoffman, Reo Matsuda
- 3rd Place (AMCHS) – Delphine Loue Ngoko Djomo
Television (Video) Production
- 5th Place (CSHS) - Jordan Bratcher, Dani Guzman
Related Technical Mathematics
- 5th Place - Brandon Zhao, AMCHS
Technical Computer Applications
- 6th Place – Alex Cantrell, AMCHS
Telecommunication and Cabling
- 7th Place – Ryan Bevan, AMCHS
- 8th Place - Spencer Williamson, AMCHS
The SkillsUSA NLSC event held over 16,000 students, advisors and volunteers in attendance from all fifty states and territories including Puerto Rico, Guam and the Virgin Islands. Students competed in over 100 different events making SkillsUSA the largest skilled and technical contest in the Nation.