The students earned the trip to the national conference in Orlando in May by placing at the state contest in Corpus Christi.
In addition to the favorable contest results, several CSISD students received other recognitions at the event.
Katie Gray (AMCHS), Hope Lascurain (AMCHS) and Hailey Norris (AMCHS) were recognized at a banquet on Wednesday night for their volunteerism in the school and community.
CSISD students played a part in the organization and execution of the event, also.
Norris, in her role as outgoing Regional President, Gray, in her role as incoming Regional President, and, Judy Zhou (CSHS), in her role as incoming State Historian, performed various duties throughout the four-day event.
Allyson Fisher (AMCHS), Sarah Kassam (AMCHS), Lascurain and Prashansa Gautam (AMCHS) served as interns at the state conference, earning experience in public relations, meeting planning, leadership and team building.
Individual event national qualifiers
- Romina Lasagna, AMCHS: Business Law & Ethics
- Aabid Razvi, AMCHS: Extemporaneous Speech
- Matthew Sims, AMCHS: Payroll Accounting
- Ashika Verma, CSHS: Java Programming
- Kelvin Wang, AMCHS: Visual Basic/C# Programming
- David Wu, AMCHS: C++ Programming
Individual event national alternate
- Matthew Manley, AMCHS: Advanced Accounting
- Nooran Riaz, AMCHS: Human Resource Management
- Jennifer Wu, AMCHS: Personal Financial Management
- Sarah Yao, CSHS: Advanced Word Processing
- Shelly Zhou, AMCHS: Fundamental Spreadsheet Applications
Team event national alternate
- Financial Analyst Team (AMCHS): Lamya Elnihum, Nooran Riaz, David Wu, Shelly Zhou
- Ben Porter, CSHS: 3rd in Computer Programming Concepts
- Shiva Saravanan, AMCHS: 2nd in Financial Math and Analysis, 6th in Computer Programming Concepts, 7th in Administrative Support Concepts
- Kelvin Wang, AMCHS: 5th in Information Technology Concepts
- Shelly Zhou, AMCHS: 8th in Accounting Mathematics Concepts
Terri Casto, Kathy Fisher, and Dianne Rister are BPA sponsors for AMCHS, while Dennis Rhodes is the sponsor for CSHS.