Note: This is an overview of some of the items on the April board workshop and meeting agendas. This recap does not include every item on the agendas. Official meeting minutes will be made available on www.csisd.org following approval at the May board meeting. A video and audio recording of the workshop and meeting will be made available within seven days of the meeting at csisd.org.
Discussion Regarding Board Policy FC (Local): The board had a third discussion regarding a potential policy regarding rezoning.
The board will continue to discuss the policy in upcoming workshops and meetings. The initial draft of the policy can be found at the following link.
Guaranteed Maximum Price for Oakwood and Cypress Grove Renovations: Part of the 2013 bond package approved by CSISD voters included $12 million tabbed for deferred maintenance to CSISD campuses.
This guaranteed maximum price is for the replacement of flooring in the cafeteria wing of Southwood Valley Elementary.
The board approved the guaranteed maximum price of $196,659 for this project. The total proposed project budget is $254,875.
- Approved the purchase of classroom audio enhancement equipment for Pecan Trail Intermediate from from Avinext for $65,808.00 from 2015 bond funds.
- Approved the purchase of computers for A&M Consolidated High School, College Station High School, Greens Prairie Elementary School and Pecan Trail Intermediate School from Avinext for $779,364.00 from 2013 and 2015 bond funds.
- Approved the purchase of K-8 science instructional materials from STEMscopes for $213,391.75 from instructional materials allotment funds.
- Approved the purchase of 3-8 science instructional materials from Mentoring Minds for $242,248.00 from instructional materials allotment funds.
- Approved the purchase of remaining equipment, technology, and other services requested by Brazos County for the five law enforcement vehicles for school resource deputies from the Department of Information Resources, BuyBoard Cooperative, Houston-Galveston Area Cooperative and Brazos County for a total of $127,113.62 from the 2016-17 general fund.
- Approved the purchase of one air-cooled chiller for A&M Consolidated High School from Entech for $202,532.00 from 2013 bond funds.
- Approved the purchase of HVAC units for South Knoll Elementary from Entech for $421,986.00 from 2013 bond funds.
- Approved the resurfacing of the track at College Station Middle School from Texas Sports Builders for $185,440.00 from 2013 bond funds.
- Approved the purchase of heat pumps for A&M Consolidated High School from Entech for $217,626.00 from 2013 bond funds.
- Approved the purchase of roof coating for Rock Prairie Elementary School from Hi-Mark Roofing and Waterproofing for $473,604.67 from 2013 bond funds.
- Approved the purchase of roof repairs for A&M Consolidated Middle School from L.D. Tebben Company for $218,288.00 from 2013 bond funds.
- Approved the purchase for interior furnishings for the renovated warehouse project from wIlton’s Office Works for $272,469.07 from 2013 bond funds.