EMERGENCY TEXT NOTIFICATIONS
In emergency situations, we communicate from the district level using a system called SchoolMessenger. You already indicated which email and phone numbers to call in these situations when you registered your child. We also have the ability to text message you, but you have to “opt in” to receive those text messages. You should have received an opt in text message after registering your student. If you did not or are unsure if you are signed up, simply text “yes” to the number 67587. If your cell service provider accepts short code messages AND you provided the phone number to us during registration, you will receive a confirmation text.
REMIND 101 FOR BUS TRANSPORTATION
The CSISD transportation department is proactive in communicating with families if routes are running more than 15 minutes late. You can sign up to receive text message notifications specific for your bus route by visiting this website. LINK: TRANSPORTATION REMIND 101
If you are not sure of your child’s bus number or pick-up and drop off times, please visit the following webpage and enter your street address for details. LINK: CSISD Street/Bus Finder
If you have not already done so, all new and returning bus riders should register for bus service online. LINK: CSISD Bus Registration
Please be patient the first couple of weeks of school as the routes generally take longer than normal. Our drivers wait longer for students to show up so they don’t miss the bus and they double check to make sure students are getting off at the correct stop. All the things the transportation department does do to maximize student safety early in the year add time to the routes. The routine becomes better and more efficient as the year goes on.
OTHER DISTRICT COMMUNICATION OUTLETS
In addition to the direct communication above, we also update the district website, Facebook page and Twitter account as events are unfolding and rapid communication is needed. Along with those situations, the following outlets are a good way to keep informed with CSISD, its staff and its students.
- Please allow yourself plenty of time to get to school the first few days. With the likelihood of rain, coupled with the first day of classes at Texas A&M, Blinn and CSISD, traffic will be heavy.
- We are monitoring the hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico. As of now, we are not altering our schedule. If that changes, we will notify you using all the communication tools we mentioned above.
- CSISD is on the list of possible evacuation sites, however, the Red Cross generally contacts churches and other organizations before contacting schools for sheltering.
- School start and dismissal times are as follows:
- Elementary - 7:45 am to 3:05 pm
- Intermediate, Middle and High - 8:25 am to 3:50 pm