Guided by coaches Nicole Garner (AMCMS), Kim Miller (CSMS) and Melinda Toth (PT), teams research a real-world problem such as food safety, recycling, energy, etc., and are challenged to develop a solution. They also must design, build, program a robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology, then compete on a table-top playing field.
CSMS Team 4, CSMS Team 2, AMCMS Pure Engineering and Pecan Trail Team #33477 will all advance to the Central Texas Regional Championship in Austin this February. While not advancing, AMCMS Caffeinated Cheese won a judges award, which allows the judges to award remarkable teams for special recognition.
- Pure Engineering - Olivia Amrein, Jackson Carwile, Helen Chen, Luis Credes, Dominic Fazzino, Carson Garner, Clark Laymon, Andrew Arthur, Melinda Li
- Caffeinated Cheese - Emily Brumbelow, Heather Goldsby, Meredith Hart, McKaela Heileman, Cathy Miao, Allie Naumann, Katya Sokolov, Maddie Wilson
- Team 4 - Caleb Zaragoza, Debarghya Chaki, Kevin Zhang, Lucas Chiang, Michael Yang, Minh Nguyen, Shashan Fernando, Wassim Benzerga, Yaseen Raseed
- Team 2 - Bon Koo, Claire Ntaimo, Divya Srinivasa, Faith Leimer, Lauren Arnold, Noelle Pierdolla, Sarah Maina, Simmy Ghosh, Valerie Tsvetkova
- Team #33477 - Sami Mahapatra, Claire Connally, Isabella Toth, Miriam Demlow, Raymond Zhu, Bowen Tian and Yura Park
This is the first year for the programs to compete in Lego League competition.