The students qualified at the Region 4 meet and will compete at the state competition April 5-7 in Dallas.
FCCLA contests include STAR events and family and consumer science assessments.
STAR Events (Students Taking Action with Recognition) are competitive events in which members are recognized for proficiency and achievement in chapter and individual projects, leadership skills, and career preparation.
The following CSISD students advanced to the state competition in the STAR events:
- Amaya Birch, Christian Denolan and Daniel Phillips, CSHS: 1st in Culinary
- Charlie Robison, CSHS: 2nd in Occupational Cupcake Challenge
- Mildred Orozco, CSHS: 2nd in Senior Cupcake Challenge
- Sophia North, Hannah Pierdolla, & Grace Lindahl, CSHS: 2nd in Entrepreneurship
- Isabelle Arrington, CSHS: 2nd in Food Innovations
- Hannah Turner, AMCHS: 3rd in Interior Design
- Mika Loehr, Stassney Krueger and Sara Do, CSHS: 3rd in Culinary
Family and Consumer Science Assessments
Family and consumer science assessments challenge a student’s knowledge of all aspects of family and consumer sciences: family career and community studies; early childhood and human development; food sciences, dietetics and nutrition; hospitality, tourism and recreation; fashion and housing design; and FCCLA knowledge.
The following CSISD students earned gold, silver, or bronze on their respective exam. Gold medal winners advance to state.
- Vanessa Baker, CSHS: Bronze - Fashion Design
- Lexi Harp, CSHS: Silver - Interior Design
- Regan Hedrick, CSHS: Bronze -Interior Design
- Mya Jackson, AMCHS: Bronze - Creed and Mission
- Sydney Terzian, CSHS: Bronze -Interior Design