Out of more than 35,000 pieces submitted statewide to regional contests, only 2,321 were selected to go to the state competition, where 1,290 pieces earned a medal. A total 11 CSISD artists had the opportunity to have 13 pieces of art evaluated at the state contest.
The following CSISD artists earned the highest rating at the state contest and received a medal:
- Jackson Lacey, AMCHS -- Level IV
- Aimee Li, AMCHS -- Level I (two pieces)
- Rita Santoso, AMCHS -- Level IV (two pieces)
- Cella Siegelman, CSHS -- Level IV
- Lexi Sweet, AMCHS -- Level II
While on site, the students have the opportunity to attend scholarship workshops in either sketchbook, 2D or 3D. For the third consecutive year, Jackson Lacey was awarded a scholarship, for his onsite 3D project.