Since 2003, CSISD has averaged an astounding 12.6 National Merit Semifinalists per year.
CSISD National Merit Semifinalists (CSISD schools attended)
- Michenna Allen (CSHS)
- Stephanie Brown (Pebble Creek, Rock Prairie, Cypress Grove, CSMS, CSHS)
- Robert Dohrman (Rock Prairie, Cypress Grove, CSMS, CSHS)
- Yaxin Duan (Rock Prairie, Cypress Grove, CSMS, CSHS)
- Isabella Garza (AMCMS, AMCHS)
- Sohmee Kim (AMCHS, CSHS)
- Selena Li (Pebble Creek, Oakwood, AMCMS, AMCHS)
- Aabid Razvi (AMCMS, AMCHS)
- Shiva Saravanan (Pebble Creek, Oakwood, AMCMS, AMCHS)
- Roger Wang (AMCMS, AMCHS)
- Andrew Zhang (College Hills, Oakwood, AMCMS, AMCHS)
- Xiao Zhou (CSMS, CSHS)
The 12 CSISD students are now in a pool of approximately 16,000 semifinalists nationwide and are competing for 7,500 National Merit Scholarships worth a total of approximately $31 million. About 90% of the semifinalists are expected to be named finalists and of those, around half will win a National Merit Scholarship and earn the prestigious National Merit Scholar title.
Approximately 1.6 million juniors from more than 22,000 high schools entered the 2019 scholarship program by taking the 2018 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT). The nationwide pool of semifinalists, which represents less than one percent of U.S. high school seniors, includes the highest scoring entrants in each state.
Scholarship winners for 2019 will be announced in a series of press releases beginning in April and concluding in May.
CSISD National Merit Semifinalists by year:
AMCHS National Merit Semifinalists (left to right): Andrew Zhang, Shiva Saravanan, Isabella Garza, Selena Li, Roger Wang, Aabid Razvi
CSHS National Merit Semifinalists (left to right): Judy Zhou, Michenna Allen, Stephanie Brown, Robert Dohrman, Sohmee Kim, Yaxin Duan