Note: This is an overview of some of the items on the October board workshop and meeting agendas. This recap does not include every item on the agendas. Official meeting minutes will be made available on www.csisd.org following approval at the November board meeting. A video and audio recording of the workshop and meeting will be made available within seven days of the meeting at csisd.org.
Adoption of Legislative Priorities: The board formally adopted its legislative priorities for the 86th Texas Legislative session, which will begin January 8, 2019.
The priorities include the main points:
- Provide a school finance system that adequately and equitable funds all schools.
- Do not take resources from public schools through voucher/private school choice plans or charter schools.
- Improve state assessment and accountability systems.
- Provide for meaningful local control.
- Provide for the needs of current and retired teachers and staff.
In the document linked below, there are specific calls to action for the main points listed above.
PUBLIC HEARING - FIRST Report
CSISD received a perfect score on all indicators and a superior rating in the Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST) for the 2016-17 school year. The purpose of the financial accountability rating system (Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Title 19, § 109.1001) is to ensure that school districts and open-enrollment charter schools will be held accountable for the quality of their financial management practices and achieve improved performance in the management of their financial resources.
Elementary School Boundary Adjustment and Timeline: The CSISD Board of Trustees unanimously approved new elementary school attendance boundaries for the 2019-2020 school year. The new boundaries will go into effect in August of 2019.
In addition, the board approved grandfathering for all current third graders affected by the new attendance zones -- meaning they can choose to stay at their current campus for their last year of elementary school. Any student choosing to do so, will be responsible for their own transportation.
As part of the 2015 bond election, CSISD will open it’s 10th elementary school, River Bend Elementary, in August of 2019.
The Board held boundary adjustment workshops on October 1 and 8, along with public forums on October 3 and 4.
A complete recap of the boundary adjustment along with the new attendance maps process can be found at the following website -- LINK: 2018 Elementary Boundary Adjustment
- Approved the purchase of laptop computers for Oakwood Intermediate from Avinext in the amount of $131,220 using Title I Federal Funds.
- Approved the competitive-sealed proposal for data cabling for River Elementary from DD Electronics in the amount of $169,987.15 using 2015 bond funds.
- Approved the renewal of Microsoft Education Desktop Package with Enterprise Client Access licenses from SHI Government Solutions in the amount of $70,878.56 using instructional materials allotment funds.
- Approved the proposal from L.D. Tebben Company for new roof coating at A&M Consolidated Middle School (old gym) for the amount of $121,862 using 2013 bond funds.
- Approved the proposal from LD Tebben Company for various roof repairs and exterior brick wall work at A&M Consolidated High School in the amount of $158,362 using 2013 bond funds.
- Approved the purchase of 41 rooftop air handling units for Oakwood Intermediate from Heat Transfer Solutions using 2013 bond funds.