Substitute Teachers & Paraprofessionals
New Hire Substitute Information
Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute for College Station ISD. We appreciate your time and energy and we look forward to your positive contributions to our district. Here are the steps you will need to become a substitute teacher or paraprofessional:
REQUIRED STEPS TO BECOME A SUBSTITUTE
- Apply HERE for a substitute position and complete the application
- Once you have completed the application you will receive an email for you to complete New Hire paperwork.
- The New Hire paperwork will contain a link for you to RSVP for a New Hire Training/Orientation. You will also receive an email from Macy Russell which gives directions as to how you can obtain your fingerprints. ALL SUBSTITUTES MUST HAVE FINGERPRINTS ON FILE BEFORE THEY CAN BEGIN.
- NOTE- in order to start substituting immediately, it is strongly encouraged that you complete your fingerprints before you attend a substitute training orientation. If you have completed the fingerprinting process for educators, you will be eligible to start working immediately after the substitute training/orientation.
- Please make sure you have the following information when you attend the substitute training/orientation::
- Valid driver’s license
- Social security card (the physical card is needed for you to be set up in payroll)
- “Official” college transcript showing a minimum of 60 credit hours earned from an accredited college or university to be a substitute teacher OR
- Copy of high school diploma or transcript to be a paraprofessional substitute
Returning Substitute Information
A returning substitute for CSISD is defined as an individual who has worked at least 10 days during the 2017-18 school year or a minimum of 5 total days in a semester.