504 Out-of-District Transfer
In College Station ISD, we believe that it is important to provide a smooth transition for students with disabilities who are enrolling from schools outside of our district. If your family is planning a move within the geographical boundaries of College Station ISD, we encourage you to review the information below so we may work collaboratively to ensure your student’s needs and services are met.
- Determine the campus which school your student is zoned to attend within the CSISD Attendance Zones.
- Contact the campus 504 Coordinator or Counselor at your home zoned campus to discuss your plans for enrollment and 504 needs.
Please be prepared to discuss:
- Current eligibility information, including disability condition(s)
- Date of last 504 meeting
- Current Individualized Accommodation Plan
- Dyslexia services, if appropriate
- College Station ISD will request 504 education records from your previous school; however, providing a copy of the most recent 504 meeting and Evaluation (district report if Dyslexia Evaluation or Physician information if other) often expedites the process of implementing services for your student.
- The evaluation information and most recent 504 documentation will be reviewed to determine if all necessary areas are addressed and meet Texas eligibility guidelines. If additional evaluation(s) are needed, a meeting will be held and your written consent will be requested.
- When completing online enrollment be sure to select that your student has a 504 plan. You will be contacted by a campus 504 representative to verify 504 placement and determine comparable accommodations to those described in the 504 from the previous district.
- If your student is transferring into CSISD with Dyslexia services, comparable services will be determined, and your child will be scheduled for Dyslexia intervention.
For additional assistance, please contact the Special Services office at (979) 764-5433.