About Community-Based Accountability
To see the overall district ratings, ratings by campus and/or ratings by category, please click the appropriate link.
Though the work with the Texas High Performance Schools Consortium, College Station ISD has constructed a meaningful accountability system that measures what this community believes is important.
As a part of House Bill 5, each school district is now required to develop a system to evaluate itself and each of its campuses in the following areas:
Based on our Core Beliefs & Commitments, established by a group of community members and the board of Trustees, CSISD developed an accountability system that ranks the district and individual campuses using a variety of indicators deemed important by the community.
- Each student can be a critical thinker, problem solver and possess the knowledge and skills to be a productive and responsible citizen in a global market place.
- The education of each student is the responsibility of the school district, the student, the family and community.
- Student success is dependent on the quality of the CSISD staff.
- Recruit, develop, and retain qualified and dedicated staff.
- Provide a challenging, relevant, engaging and aligned curriculum.
- Provide an array of services, programs and opportunities to meet the needs of each student, and provide the opportunity for each student to reach his or her full potential.
- Create classroom and campus cultures that involve each family.
- Commit to the responsible use of taxpayer resources.
CSISD will ...
BROADENING THE SCOPE
CSISD expanded the accountability system past the state requirements to include the following areas:
ORGANIZATIONEach area is directly related to one of CSISD’s core commitments. Each area has multiple indicators deemed important by the community.
Example: CSISD will recruit, develop, and retain qualified and dedicated staff.
MEASUREMENTEach area has multiple indicators used to measure performance. Each indicator is scored as follows: Unacceptable (0 points), Acceptable (1 point), Recognized (2 points), or Exemplary (3 points).
Core Commitment: CSISD will recruit, develop, and retain qualified and dedicated staff.
Qualified & Dedicated Staff
Percentage of CSISD teachers who meet No Child Left Behind highly qualified status
The district and campus all earned an exemplary ranking in this indicator because 100% of CSISD teachers were highly-qualified in 2013-14.
Annual teacher turnover rate
The district and all campuses scored recognized in this indicator due to the CSISD turnover rate being 13.1% annually.
Average number of applications per number of teaching staff hired
CSISD (14.1 to 1)