Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

College Station Independent School District

Logo Title

Child Nutrition

2023-24 Applications for free and reduced meals are now available.

CSISD Child Nutrition Frequently Asked Questions

How can I check the balance on my child's account?

  1. Phone the cafeteria manager or the child nutrition office at 764-5450. They will be able to inform you of the balance on your child's account. 
  2. Register with online service to check you student's account online.

Can I block my child from buying snacks in addition to their meals?

Yes, this is done at the parent/ guardian's request. Just call your cafeteria manager requesting that your child only be able to purchase meals with the money on their account. A daily dollar limit may also be set at the parent's request.

How do I make a deposit into my child's account?

Deposits of cash or check are accepted at each campus cafeteria and at the Child Nutrition Office. If paying by check, please write the student's name and PIN# in the memo section of the check. Checks should be made payable to the name of the school's cafeteria (for example, "South Knoll Cafeteria") or to Child Nutrition. Credit card payments can be made online at

What happens to the money in my child's account at the end of the school year, or if my child transfers to another school?

Money left in your child's account at the end of the school year will be available for that student's use in the next school year. For those students who transfer from one school to another within the district, any money left in their account will also be transferred.

Does my child have to purchase the entire meal?

We encourage students to purchase the entire meal by providing them with the best price possible. Lunch consists of five food components. A student must select three to five components and one must be a fruit or vegetable to qualify for the meal price. Food items may be purchased individually, however at an additional charge.

What if my student does not have enough money in their account to purchase a meal?

Students may charge meals up to the value of three breakfasts and three lunches (Elementary – $13.05, Intermediate, Middle and High School - $13.80).  An automated phone call and email to parents/guardians occurs when a negative balance appears on a student’s account. If a student account exhausts the grace period/charge limit, the student will still be served a complete meal with an entrée and choice of sides and milk.  Entrée choices will be limited to grilled cheese sandwich at lunch and/or a cereal entrée at breakfast until the negative balance no longer exceeds the charge limit. A la Carte items are not available for charging.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may Texas Department of Agriculture—April 25, 2018 Determining Eligibility 4.41 contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.