Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

College Station Independent School District

Logo Title


Out-Of-State Applicants

When you become a teacher with the College Station ISD, the Personnel Office Certification Specialist will assist you with the necessary paperwork to apply for a Texas teaching certificate. The following is information to assist you in determining if you are eligible for a Texas certificate.

Review Of Out-Of-State Certificates
An applicant

  • Must have been issued a standard out-of-state certificate. The certificate must be equivalent to a certificate issued by the State Board for Educator Certification and must not have been revoked, suspended, or pending such action.
  • Must submit the following items with the application form:

Copies of the front and back of all standard out-of-state teaching certificates;

Official transcripts (bearing the seal and signature of the college registrar) of all college credits; and

$175.00 fee (non-refundable)

Note: In the summer of 2001, SBEC began conducting a test-comparability study of certification exams currently administered in other states or countries. It is likely that you will need to apply for an Initial One-Year Certificate while the review of credentials is being conducted. The Certification Specialist in College Station ISD Personnel will assist you with this process if an Initial One-Year Certificate is required.

For further information please contact SBEC at 1-888-863-5880.

(These regulations are current as of February 15, 2002 and are subject to change at any time per the State Board for Educator Certification.)

For details on employment policies, please see Board Policy DC

Teacher Certification

Becoming a Classroom Teacher in Texas
For information on becoming a classroom teacher in Texas, please contact the Texas Education Agency: TEA Education Certification website

Alternative Certification in Texas
For information on alternative certification programs in Texas, please contact the Texas Education Agency: TEA Alternative Certification website

Out-Of-State Certified Teachers
For information on becoming certified in Texas if you Certified in another state, please contact the Texas Education Agency: TEA Out of State Certification website